Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: Bitter and PO'ed

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Twizzle:
    Oni, just be true to yourself. That way, you can never be thought of as betraying anyone! [img]smile.gif[/img] </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>


    I completely agree Terry.

    Oni, I felt similar to the way you do; and then, for me, I made a decision to not worry about that and to post where I want, how I want and when I want. I try to forget sides, because really, there are no sides here... everyone is a fan and no one is better than another. If people think they are, that is their porogative, not mine. Does that make sense at all? LOL *realizes that often I don't make sense*

    Chai... thank you for what you said [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm really okay. I said what I wanted to say and someone actually editted her words. Now... if only people would think clearly as to how they are percieved before they actually hit submit... lol

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

    I can understand that. [img]frown.gif[/img] I just saying that it'll drive you batty if you let it.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>


    Oh yeah, lol, that it can and that it has. I just grab a few [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] and everything looks completely different! LOL

  3. #13
    Inactive Member cherish's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    517
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know what you mean Laurie *hugs* and basically I feel the same way as Oni sometimes. I remember when everybody used to share and I know that's not what this is really about, but back then there was no discussion of anyone being alienated or whatever. I never feel I can completely say what I wish for fear of offending either party. It's really upsetting and I can feel more than ever the great divide between the two "sides" of the fanbase. You can literally feel the jealousy and bitterness, and animosity and it's horrible because it shouldn't be like that.
    And I realize now that some f/c members can be alienating and to me they have established this sort of attitude where D-Ziners are the only ones that matter. Even little things, like suggesting members only private gigs...I notice stuff like that and it irks me...of course it would be NICE seeing as I AM a member, but it would drive a terrible rift between the fan base, even more so than stuff has already.
    I don't really know what else to say...I know that was a garbled up ramble but...*tries to come up with more coherent thoughts*

    xxSam

  4. #14
    Inactive Member sunhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2002
    Posts
    780
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    did i miss something? [img]eek.gif[/img] *was downtown all day*

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sunhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2002
    Posts
    780
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Someone was kind enough to explain what happened to me and it's just sad really :/ I'm sorry to see you frustrated after trying so hard Laurie *huggles* i think Dyan has some good advice in that you shouldn't let yourself get all torn up over it, because so much of it is really out of your hands *comfs* The best we can hope for is to try to set a good example of respect and equality and hope others take notice :/

  6. #16
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    Hugs Laurie!!!!

    I have wandered back in this morning and I can't believe what I saw in the thread over there [img]frown.gif[/img]

    I think there are many members who are also hurt by the attitude displayed, I know I am - leaves a very bitter taste in your mouth.

    Doesn't know what else to say!

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ May 28, 2003 08:33 PM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ May 28, 2003 11:51 PM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah... *sigh* that pretty much describes me right now...

    *^ Just complaining... just ignore me. I just needed to type that out* [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    Awwww! What's up Laurie?

    [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] 's you

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Terry.

    agh, I'm just so tired of fighting what sometimes feels like a loosing battle. I try so hard to help people who are non-members of the fanclub feel recognized and appreciated and worthy, because so many feel they aren't... and then silly things get said by members that just blow all of that out of the water.

    I'll get over it and I will peddle on, and continue to try to do what I can to connect the two sides, but there are just moments when I wonder what the heck I am doing.

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ May 28, 2003 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Laurina ]</font>

  10. #20
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    I know exactly what you're talking about now Laurie as I've just read 'those' hurtful comments. I do wish some ppl would think before they post remarks like that. Whether or not they meant them in that context, they are so easily misconstrued.

    *is sick of this member Vs non member crap*

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •